Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week #6- 10/2

Generation IM Article

            After reading this article I learned that this upcoming generation relies strongly on technology. I knew that they did but not as much as the article stated. For example, I had no idea that about 67% of preschool children use computers. I also didn’t know that schools use blogs, pod casts and social media tools to connect with other students. I heard of Pen Pal in schools but never through the Internet. My eyes were opened to several things and I will try to apply what I learned in my future classroom.
            For example, in a science class, I could use blogs to write about an experiment my students are doing. Instead of having a journal and recording their observations in there, they can have blogs where they write reflections and observations so that way other students can respond or comment. Just the way we do it in this class, I believe it is a successful way of learning. 

-Angie

1 comment:

  1. I also was shocked by how much pre-schoolers use technology! It definitely shows why it is so important to use technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete